Thursday, March 22, 2012

About Lotus Symphony


So, I read the news that a new version of Symphony. I had heard about this software suite, but did not get to try your hands. For those who do not know is made ​​on the basis of the OpenOffice office suite: word processor, spreadsheet, presentation.


Until then, I stood in OpenOffice, StarOffice, but I deleted them, use them to complete the work is almost impossible. You will laugh, but I do prefer to work in Google Docs, you can use these crafts.


Now, finally, tried Lotus Symphony. Very pleasantly surprised me this package. I actually bad user use, and macros, and styles, and different types of layouts, links between documents. I do not need it. Neither OpenOffice, or StarOffice, or Google Docs do not know how or they are sold very crooked. MS Office all this can be, but it costs money. No, of course Symphony in functionality is not something that is not surpassed MS Office, it is not even remotely approached. However, I note a nice interface, macros, the ability to read heap of documents in different formats. Overall, well done!.


Of the minuses is simply astounding 60 MB of RAM and has a very slow start.


At first glance, Lotus Symphony- product worthy of your attention. Try it and you work on it!.

No comments:

Post a Comment